Whether you own a sex toy or want to buy one it’s important to know the essentials in caring for your toy. Trying to find out what the best way to care for your sex toy can be a little confusing so here is our guide to making your favourite toys last longer.
- Always check for any imperfections, if you find any always return the item before use.
- Insert fresh batteries to make sure it works properly first
If you find anything you’re not happy with, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sort everything out!
It’s very important that you choose the correct lubricant to use with your toy. Not only can it be the key to the toy lasting longer but it can also make the experience more enjoyable.
- Never use silicone lubricants with any toys made from Silicone or material that is “real-feel”. That includes CyberskinTM , LoveCloneTM, FuturoticTM, NeoSkin®, FauxskinTM, Soft TouchTM
- Always use proper lubricants, that is DO NOT use anything oil based i.e petroleum jelly!
- If you wish to share your sex toys or switch from anal to vaginal use, put a condom over the toy and change it when you want to switch to avoid infections.
- Water based lubricants can be used with any toy. You can even get specialist toy lubricant
- Always remove the batteries when not in use, this is to protect against battery leakage
- Always clean your sex toy after EVERY use. This one is a no brainer. Cleaning your sex toys after use prevents infections, there are different ways to clean different materials …
- Jelly: Wash them thoroughly with warm water and anti-bacterial soap or specialist toy cleaner then rinse carefully so that no soap is left, soap can degrade the material and cause irritation to you.
- Realistic Toys: Wash thoroughly with warm water and a liquid antibacterial soap or specialist toy cleaner, then let air dry completely. Once dry, dust with renewing powder or cornflower. Never use talcum powder, as this can cause irritation.
- Silicone: Hypoallergenic and easiest to maintain, silicone dildos and non-battery-operated toys may be boiled for two to three minutes, or washed with soap and water. NEVER boil silicone sex toys with electrical parts.
- Plastic/Glass: All can be washed with warm water and anti-bacterial hand soap (or specialist toy cleaner) glass toys may be boiled or submerged in hot water if they’re not battery-operated. They can even be placed in the dishwasher.